Friday, April 20, 2018

Up cycling an old gum container




I really do not like to waste things that I know I can reuse some how, so I was brainstorming what could I do?
My ideas on the spot were a cough drop container, or a tissue container. 
(If you have any other ideas please comment!)

Things you'll need:

  • gum container
  • paper
  • scissors
  • stickers (optional) 
  • cough drops
  • tissues







Super easy! You just take out the logo from the plastic container and you can trace the pattern on the paper of your choice. Or you could do what I did and just cut around the logo.

Stick the tissues in (fits about half a pack). 


I added stickers for fun.  

For the cough drops you can follow the instructions above and just put cough drops in instead (or actual candy). 
 I also added a cover to this one. 
I just cut it the length of the container and estimated the width and then folded it just a little so it can sit in there nicely. 

I also think this project is fun because cough drops do not come in cute packages like tissues do. 

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! Love it, Amanda!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eco-friendly! Love the idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing kit, feminine products, personal items (floss, qtips, tweezers), credit cards/gift cards, photos. So many things!!

    ReplyDelete